Frequently Asked Questions
Most of the PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) applications work seamlessly in Internet Explorer with Java installed on the system. However many sites required some additional configuration of Internet Settings on IE and Java configuration.
ProxKey token has inbuilt utility to configure your Internet Explorer settings and JAVA to work with most of the PKI applications in India*. The utility is designed with some standard set of instruction to match the requirements of all website.
Following Steps needs to be followed
Connect the token , locate “WD ProxKey” Icon on the desktop and double click on it to launch the token management utility
Select the “HELP” option and click on “SYSTEM SETTINGS” on the right hand side to configure your “Internet Explorer” and other system settings.
Utility will prompt “Download Success” once the settings is done
Now click on “JAVA CONFIGURATION” to add websites to Java Exception List (To know more on adding sites to Java Exception check here)
Utility will prompt “Download Success” once the JAVA settings is done.
You can check in Java Configuration utility that all sites have been added under “Exception List”.
Note: System settings and Java settings file are are compatible with the list of sites mentioned here. These sites are updated from time to time to cover all the major applications. System settings may not work on some computer due to restrictions on permissions or compatibility issues. Users are requested to use this utility at their own discretion.
You can report to us if there is any problem in configuration for a particular website or including new sites to the list. Just create a support ticket with details of problem or sites address which you want us to include in our list. Our team will handle the rest.
Connect our Website www.idsignca.com.
Click on Repository – Click on CA Certificate
You will get the Following Screen
Click on Test Certificate ID sign Class 3 Personal Test Certificate – Download Button.
It will download the following Zip file in the Download directory.
Double Click on the above Zip File.
You will get the following screen.
Double click on the following file.
Click on Finish
Certificate is installed in the browser.
Click on Internet Explorer.
Click on Certificate
You can see the IDSign class 3 personnel Test certificate here
Click on Next
Click on Next
Enter the Destination – click on Browse
Save in Desktop
Click on Finish.
The Export was Successful.
Click on E Pass Token Client Software.
Click on Login
Enter the Token Password you will get the Following Screen.
Click on import
Click on Browse – Select the Destination folder – select the file u need to import – Class 3 Personnel test signing Certificate.
Click On Open
Click on OK
Now the Certificate is available in the Token.
ePass 2003 Auto Token Upgrade Procedure for New CSP Version 2.0
There are two ways to upgrade your ePass 2003 Auto Token. First is Interactive mode & second is Batch mode. If you required to update a few tokens, say 2 nos, use Interactive mode. For large number of tokens use Batch mode. Here we discus both methods one by one. Prior to that you need to download the upgrade kit. Download the ePass 2003 Auto Token Upgrade kit here. After download you will find a zip/rar file which you need to extract in your computer (You need WinRar software to extract the file).
Link for Downloads Token Upgrade Process:
ePass 2003 Auto Token Upgrade Procedure – Apicountry
Note: Please remove old digital signature inside the token before update.
After extract, you will find four zip file. Now follow below methods to upgrade according to the quantity of token you have.
a: Interactive mode:
1: Extract ePass-Update-Application.zip file as shown below.
2.Run the software, select Interactive mode & insert one token in computer. you will see the serial number will show automatically as shown below.
3.Copy the serial number in a text file or word file one by one. Once all serial number collected, buy the token upgrade key from here. We will generate the update key and send it to you.
4.Once you receive the update keys, reopen the software. Select Interactive mode. Connect token to the computer & update it using the key sent by us for that serial number. Please note that, you can not update it if you have existing certificate inside the token. you have to delete the old certificates first and then update. Once update successfully done, the software show message “update successful”.
5.Our next step is updating driver file inside token. To do that we need to extract Update-Driver-File-Inside-Token.zip file. Run file. Browse the iso file & click on update button. Please keep the token connected to PC during the process & don’t remove till the process complete. Once all our tokens software updated, we proceed to our next step.
6.If you have old version of epass2003auto token installed in computer, first uninstall it using windows add or remove app application. see below image.
7.After uninstall, extract the ePass2003India-Setup-v2.0.zip file. run the software & install it. Once it installed successfully, you can proceed to download the DSC.
- Uninstall the GST signer and check the Token driver is properly installed.
- Delete the browser cache, cookies, and history of all time
- Delete temp file (i.window+R>%temp%>select all and delete ii.window+R>temp>select all and delete)
- Download the signer from the link: https://www.gst.gov.in/help/docsigner
- Install the GST signer GSTSigner-v2.8.msi as administrator.
- Restart the computer
- Go to desktop and right-click on the signer shortcut and run as admin.
- Check the right side of the taskbar and sure that the service is started on 1585 port or specific port successfully or not as shown in the pic.
- You can try with another browser also.
GST portal www.gst.gov.in enables dealers to register them selves with the GST Portal and comply with various filings under the GST laws.
This article with help you to understand the system requirement that should be installed on your computer before starting the GST filings which are listed as under:
EM Signer Link
- GST Portal works with Chrome 49+ and FireFox 45 +, however it is recommended to use
Internet Explorer 10 & above for Windows 7 operating system and Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 operating System.
- Any one of these ports should be free : 1585, 2095, 2568, 2868, 4587.
- EM Signer should be installed . Refer article ‘GST System Requirement‘ article no.3 ‘
Downloading and Installing the web socket installer’
There are two type of certificates based on the functions they can perform
Signing: It will be used by individuals or organizations for signing purpose
Encryption: It will be used for receiving encrypted messages which is encrypted using subscriber’s public key
Check Signing & Encryption Certificate
This article will help you to identify signing or encryption certificate in your USB Token.
Internet Option – Content – Certificate – User Certificate – Double click on name to open certificate properties.
Click On “Details“
Locate the field “Key Usage” and click on it. You certificate can be identified with the value as under
- Digital Signature , Non-Repudiation (c0) means “Signing Certificate”
- Key Encipherment (20) means ” Encryption Certificate”
- A pop-up message of new component appears while opening the website – https://www.nprocure.com (Click on (n)Procure New Component below the login button to download the new component).
- Start Control Panel Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features Uninstall old (n)Code Solutions – PKI Component (Ver 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 or 3.0).
- Install new (n)Code Solutions – PKI Component (Ver. 3.1.1).
- Then open the website – https://www.nprocure.com Click on “New User” and allow pop up (if system asks).
- Back to home page https://www.nprocure.com and proceed further.
Error 1: Exception Occurred Type Error Object doesn’t support this property or method
– Remove Java from your systems if any installed previously
– Install Java version 8u161 – 32 bits – download here http://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=234472_96a7b8442fe848ef90c96a2fad6ed6d1 – Add https://www.cersai.org.in/ to Internet Trusted Sites & Java Exception Site. This can be simply done using utility from ProxKey USB
Token. Refer article ‘Configure Java & Internet Settings‘
– Restart system and try again
Select your device type – how to select ProxKey Token DLL
- select Device Type as “Other“
- Under Location of library file , Click on browse and navigate to path ‘ My Computer –> C Drive (Windows Installation Driver) – >Windows –>System 32 –> SignatureP11.dll’
DELETE CERTIFICATE FROM TOKEN
This article will help you to delete your digital signature certificate from ProxKey USB Token. Your digital signature is stored in a secured container in the token chip. Once you delete the certificate from the token it cannot be restored.
Following are the steps involved in deleting the certificate from token
- Connect the token , locate “WD ProxKey” Icon on the desktop and double click on it to launch the token management utility
- Click on “CERTIFICATE” Option . All the certificates stored in the token will be listed under ” USER CERTIFICATE” . Signle click on any of the certificate to SELECT the certificate.
- You will be prompted to enter your token USER PIN. Enter the USER PIN and click „OK‟
- You will get notification „ Delete Certificate Success‟. Click on OK.
- Once certificate is DELETED, token management utility will show a BLANK screen under the CERTIFICATE option.